Makan Malaysia Mee goreng
- 3 tablespoons Woh Hup Mee Goreng Paste
- 200g tofu puffs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 100g carrot, sliced
- 100g cabbage, sliced
- 50g green beans, sliced into small pieces
- 400g fresh egg noodles / vermicelli rice noodles to make this dish vegan, cooked to the packet instructions
- 2 tablespoons kicap manis
- *If you cannot find kicap manis at your local supermarket, mix 2 tablespoons of dark soy sauce with 0.75 teaspoons of sugar.
“This noodle dish is sure to be a family pleaser. It’s easy to cook and versatile -swap out tofu for any protein you fancy or add in any vegetables you wish! A shop-bought tir fry medley works well too. This dish works best cooked in a wok with high heat for that true authentic taste but works great in a normal flat pan too- be sure not to overfill your pan and keep the heat high so that the food doesn’t go soggy.” – @makanmalaysiauk
- Heat oil in a hot pan on medium heat with Woh Hup mee goreng paste for 3 minutes, or until the paste flavour is infused with oil.
- Turn the heat up to high and add tofu and vegetables. Cook until there is a bit of char on the carrots, stir the pan regularly so that the food does not burn.
- Add in the noodles and the kicap manis.
- Stir fry for a further 5 minutes then serve immediately.