Fried Chicken in Spicy Tamarind Sauce
- 5 tbsp Woh Hup Assam Sauce
- 1kg Chicken thigh, skinned, boned and cut into bite sizes
- 200g Pineapple cubes
- 50ml Water
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Sugar to taste
- 1 ½ tbsp Woh Hup Light Soy Sauce (for marinade)
- ½ tsp Woh Hup Pure Sesame Oil (for marinade)
- A pinch of pepper (for marinade)
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 55-60 mins
- Mix chicken with marinade and season for 30 minutes.
- Heat up oil, deep fry marinated chicken until golden brown. Dish and drain.
- Leave 2 tbsp oil in wok and sauté pineapple cubes until fragrant. Add in Woh Hup Assam Sauce, sugar and water. Stir fry until boiled.
- Pour in fried chicken and mix evenly. Serve hot.
Love this recipe? Why not try...
Singapore Curry Noodle (Laksa)